Discover Portsmouth Exhibits, Programs & Events
Discover Portsmouth continues its upward trajectory thanks to support from people like you. With your help, we:
- Produced a new map exhibit at the John Paul Jones House Museum
- Launched new walking tours with a team of well-trained guides
- Created the Eleanor Williams Hooker Tea Talks Winter lectures on Black History with standing-room-only crowds
- Won national acclaim for “Bold & Brash”- the largest Bellamy exhibit in history AND a new biography of John Haley Bellamy by Jim Craig
- Revamped the museum shop with merchandise from talented local craftspeople
- Installed new trees and shrubs, $20,000 of in-kind services by Piscataqua Landscaping!
- Began a new September tradition in the garden of the John Paul Jones House
We thank you for your support.
Discover Thursdays will present two holiday concerts at Discover Portsmouth featuring glorious music. The Aeterna Trio, headed by Andy Happel, will perform at the center on Thursday, December 4 and the Piscataqua River Brass will perform on Thursday, December 11. Both concerts are at 7pm. Tickets are $12 per person, $10 for Portsmouth Historical Society members. For reservations please call (603) 436-8433. [Read more…]
Homemade gingerbread creations will be on display daily for the public throughout December during Vintage Christmas. Get your family and friends together and craft your own beautiful creation!
Entries must be registered no later than Saturday, November 29, 2014 and, delivered to Discover Portsmouth between 1 – 5 pm Monday, December 2nd.
To register, send an email with your name, address, daytime and evening phone, email address and category (Family, Youth Group, Adult or Business/NPO) to Karin Scott at email@example.com. [Read more…]
This is a major juried exhibit with works by pastel artists from New Hampshire and numerous other states, sponsored by the Pastel Society of New Hampshire. Opening reception October 56, 4-6 p.m. There will be refreshments and an awards ceremony. This event is free and open to the public. The exhibit will be open daily from 10 a.m. -5 p.m. Robert Carsten, will be the Juror of Awards for this show. Call 603-436-8433 or visit www.pastelsocietynh.com for more information.
|Where:||Discover Portsmouth||When:||Oct 26- Nov 30|
Image: “Sunset Over Mt. Sunapee” by Susan Parmenter
We are dedicated to increasing public understanding and enthusiasm for local history. Our trustees, staff, sponsors, and members believe strongly that the uniqueness of Portsmouth is defined by the city’s past. Our mission is to provide a central location where, in cooperation with other groups, we can introduce, interpret, and stimulate the study of Portsmouth history.